For an unforgettable stay, magnificent meals, luxurious beds and inspiring meetings.
Scroll down to experience Lysebu
Staying at Lysebu
Meeting & Events
Generate results together
Anniversary & receptions
To celebrate life’s high points
Just like home – only better
The finest location in Oslo
LYSEBU · 500 MASL
Winter at Lysebu
Aktuelt og vår historie
Lysebu is owned by the Foundation for Danish-Norwegian Co-operation and was a gift from the Norwegian nation to Denmark after World War II.
- 1941 Den Norske Damekomite (The Norwegian Ladies’ Committee) founded.
- 1941-1945 The Norgeshjælpen (Norway Aid) organisation sends food and clothing to Norway.
- 1946 The Foundation for Danish-Norwegian Co-operation is founded on 1 March <br /> with the objective of maintaining close ties between the two countries.
- 1947 Lysebu is presented to the Foundation as a gift from the people of Norway <br /> to Denmark.
- 1951 The Schæffergården facility opens its doors to provide accommodation <br /> for Norwegian scholarship students in Denmark.
- 1956 Lysebu and Schæffergården are remodelled so that they can also be used as conference centres.
ACTIVITIES AT LYSEBU
Receive news, invitations and offers with our monthly newsletter.